How to Become a Thought Leader, Build your Personal Brand in the High-Tech Industry and Get on the Cover of Millennium Magazine with Sheryl Wharff – UPLIFT: Personal Branding and Thought Leadership from A to Z for Leaders & Experienced Professionals
In this episode together with Sheryl Wharff, Global Alliance Marketing Director at Quantexa (Massachusetts, USA) we discuss how to become a leader in high-tech that is a male dominated industry.
We speak about how your values help you build and shape your personal brand and how important it is to understand YOU, and keep being authentic YOU. What can be done to grow your visibility and influence and get on the cover of the magazine that honours the legacies of professionals from around the world.
Listen this episode, subscribe to our podcast and stay tuned for more tips and real examples that will help you build your brand, your visibility and become a though leader.
Our main takeaways:
- You need to be a collaborative leader, and you also need to take decisions and responsibility to move forward
- Leave your Impostor Syndrome behind. Play and leverage the resources that you have! Offer value and contribute to the environment
- Many women think that you need to always be capable to do 100% of your work. But it´s better to stick to 80/20: Do the 80% and the 20% should be the stretch for you. Without this stretch you are not growing and you are not maturing. If you feel that you are capable to do even 80%, you are already probably ahead in the game. Have confidence to take the opportunity and go for it.
- Use your LinkedIn network to grow your connections and visibility. Comment, like post of others. Those can be highlights of others´day, especially in our new reality. It’s the way to say “Hi”. And it does not take so much time.
- Join and participate in networking groups and associations.
- Build your brand focusing on your values. Develop your industry or solution expertise. Talk about the things that are career-oriented. Have clarity and help people understand real world things. When you help them, they also help you.
- Use speaking engagements to develop your expertise.
- Your awards and your visibility are not about what you say you do in the industry. It’s about what industry says you do for others.
- Passion is so key. You can teach people how to do something. But you can not teach them that attitude and that passion that needs to come through.
- Have fun in all that you do.
If building a powerful personal brand, growing your professional visibility and becoming a though leader are the topics of your interest, please consider following, rating and reviewing our show on Apple Podcasts.
This helps us support more people just like you — leaders, experienced professionals and entrepreneurs — have their voice heard by becoming visible and recognised and by getting an opportunity to build a brand learning from the best. Click here, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” And let us know what you loved most about the episode!
WATCH THE EPISODE ON YOUTUBE: